First Day.

My first day at work (yesterday) was a TOTAL blast!! đŸ˜€ I got there about 30 minutes early so I could get dressed and hang out with Durlin until our manager came to get us to start us on concessions. Durlin is one of my friends I made when we were at Paperwork (Monday) and Orientation (Wednesday). She’s pretty cool.

So we headed on down to the concession stand and had to find out which register we were on (I was on 32) and then we just got to go for it, with as much help as we needed. One of the things you ALWAYS do when you get to your register is fill out a “cup count sheet”, I had to count my cups that I was starting with and if I wasn’t starting with any I had to get new cups. 50 small, 25 medium, and 25 large. Then I got paired up with Miranda because she was the one my manager told to help me out. It was pretty fun with her, I got to learn a lot of things!

Most of the customers brought in credit cards to pay for their stuff, but every once in a while you would get someone with cash. I had to know how to give exact change. It was crazy!:) But totally worth it. Jeff (my friend who works there) told me that he had never expected to see someone he knew at work and that it was pretty cool that I was there. I’m glad he doesn’t think it’s weird.

The other employees who were there started getting used to me and that was cool. I got to the point where I could do total orders by myself! It was awesome! But then 11:00 came and I had to close down. I worked from 5:00-11:00 with a 30 minute break from 9:00-9:30. The last two things I was supposed to do is fill my candy back up to 5 each again and then count the cups I was left with.

I went upstairs and decided not to change so I just grabbed my polo I had worn into work yesterday and pulled my jacket over my work shirt and then grabbed my drink, food, purse, and water bottle so that I could just leave.

As I was walking down the stairs I saw another employee, Luke, who is a new hire with me, and he asked me how my first day went and I told him that at first you’re nervous, but you get used to it very quickly. He smiled and said that he was hoping that is how it would be. He’s working tonight. 5:00-11:00.

So there is my first day of work! I drove home after that and really, that’s all there was to it. Yay!:) I was home by 11:30 and in the shower by 11:40. I was EXHAUSTED. However, that didn’t stop me from watching some more “Degrassi: The Next Generation”.

I’ve started watching the show all over again because I don’t remember the first like 5 or 6 seasons…. or really any of it for that matter. I just remember really liking it so I started it over. There’s like 12 seasons total in this part of the series and this came after “Degrassi: Junior High” and “Degrassi: High”. I’m not positive how many seasons are in those… But I really do like The Next Generation.

So on Thursday I watched almost all of Season 1 of The Next Generation and then yesterday I finished that season and started Season 2. Yay! And right now, I just took a break from watching Degrassi to type up this post! I’m gonna go back an watch it now though so…. Oh one last thing. Sean and Emma are my favourite couple. <333333

Fare thee well!!

Karen Alyse


2 thoughts on “First Day.

  1. Sounds like a pretty awesome first night at your new job! I’m happy for you, Karen!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s